Monday, February 20, 2012

Udacity + MIT Online Classes

Retired Prof. Sebastian Thrun of Stanford University is hosting free, online classes.  Applying takes two seconds.

I've taken an AI class he hosted before and have to say it was absolutely excellent.

Currently, he's hosting a course on programming a self-driving car and building a search engine.  Pretty neat.

More info here.

There's also an MIT course on circuitry and electronics here.

These are all great and I'm really happy that people are doing this.  Free knowledge.  Mr. Thrun resigned from his position at Stanford in the name of free knowledge, I look up to that.

4 comments:

  1. MIT OpenCourseWare is an insane resource. I've also found some classes at Yale online that you can watch for free.

    I'm hoping this will become more and more popular, cause I love sitting in on free classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW that's a lot of courses. Instant bookmark, thanks for this.

      Delete
    2. IMHO the best ones are the courses that include a video recording of the semester, but unfortunately not all of them do. The first one that I came across was MIT's intro programming course (which focuses on Python) and I am definitely a fan.

      The next item on my to do list is to become an actual student at MIT... might be a while for that one.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to your blog before but after browsing through some of the posts I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm certainly happy I came across it and I'll be
    bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

    my page; Corporate Movers

    ReplyDelete