Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy Month

Sleep levels are at an all time low.

Finished Mono for the YoYo Games Rapid Development Competition, where you make a game in 4 hours. Theme was "Black and White." Landed 5th place.

Also finished a game called Neo-Retro for another Rapid Development Competition, with the theme being "Retro." It sucked. Sucked so much that I don't even have a YYG link to it. It still placed in 2nd, somehow.

Pannenkoekenhuis tied for 5th place with a grand total of one vote in the GMC Jam.

Entered Pannenkoekenhuis and Retroplat into the Team Dark Tomorrow Contest, Retroplat placing 4th. Was originally going to polish up Camp, but it was way too buggy and I quit.

Also made a half-game called Quasifluid for the Game Jolt Inventions Competition but I got bored halfway and stopped.

Currently prototyping a procedurally-generated SHMUP where bullet patterns are randomly generated. Looking sort of stupid, in a glitchy, hey-I'm-a-program-and-I'm-going-to-hijack-one-of-your-system-functions sort of way.

Phew.

I think I'm going to lay off indie game design for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment